Sunday, March 23, 2014

Petite, Primitive Secretary Desk

And when I say "petite", I mean child size or would work well for a nightstand. I've never seen a piece like this!

I picked it up last month while out junkin' one day and fell.in.love with it. I'm not sure why...it was dried out, missing the back and needed lots of glue. And by the time I got it home, it needed more glue because I managed to break off one of the legs getting it into my car :/

This before picture is AFTER my father in law worked magic with glue and added a back

I stained the drawer in Dark Walnut, put some crystal knobs on it and painted it a very distressed white.









This one is for sale at Carver Junk Company. We had such a fun sale this weekend...if you can make it out in April, it's worth your time!

~Allison

www.betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
www.homestoriesatoz.com

3 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

The natural wood drawer really pops - such a pretty piece!

Unknown said...

Well isn't that just gorgeous!
What a perfect night stand that would make - beautiful makeover :)
xxx

MONICA LIVAS said...

This is a wonderful piece! Natural wood drawer looks beautiful!