Monday, March 18, 2013

Maple Nightstand: Before and After

Hi Friends!!

Here's a quick before and after on a nightstand I recently picked up. I went to see a "dresser and nighstand" set on Craigslist and I was pretty sure I would buy the set, but upon inspection of the dresser, it was bad. I wouldn't have paid $10, much less the $40 they were asking. But I did get this nighstand...actually this is a photo from Craigslist of a nightstand with a similar finish, as I forgot to take a before photo (again!).


I had this great color on hand (Benjamin Moore: Mount Saint Anne) and after a coat of oil-based primer, painted 2 coats, distressed and sealed with clear wax. I LOVE this color!





Have a great day!

~Allison

3 comments:

Breezy Brie said...

So beautiful!!! Love the color and the distressing :)

Brie Joy
Breezy Pink Daisies

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Pretty color and I love the shelves! A girl can't have too many books next to her bed!

meandmr.com said...

Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop, you have a wonderful blog! You can find me at meandmr.com

-Melanie @ meandmr.com