Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mellow that Yellow: Chair Before & After

A few weeks back, I posted this chair that Shayne brought me to revamp for the shop. Several of you LOVED the yellow chair, and I have to agree...in the right place, it would look amazing. However, that place is not Shayne's shop, Style Minneapolis. The shop is monochromatic and soothing..so the yellow had to go!

Photobucket

I gave it 2 coats of gray primer followed by a lot of dry brushing white. I then glazed with a mixture of water and walnut water based stain. She had the cushion reupholstered in a gorgeous tone on tone damask fabric, and now it will fit in the shop beautifully!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And because I'm in a goofy mood, me trying to take a picture of a mirror I re-did, but instead of focusing on the mirror, it focused on my Nicole Ritchie hands :S
Photobucket

Enjoy your evening!

~Allison

Link Parties
Photobucket

A Little Knick Knack
The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Fridays
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special









TDC Before and After

15 comments:

wydevendesigns.com said...

Love this chair and your overall concept. I just posted a blog today on similar subject - I also love Goodwill, craigslist, estate sales, etc. - check our my blog!

Gerrie

Anonymous said...

Omgoodness! My chair-obsession wants to add yours to the "collection!" Uh-oh!
Catherine

Cassie Bustamante said...

you need to come visit me so i can fatten up your hands and wrists! ;) and love the chair- it is very restoration hardware chic! but i still love the yellow and i am not ashamed to say it.

Stacey said...

I agree with Cassie - love the chair, but the yellow was just a fun color. Maybe on your next piece?? The chair is jusy cool so it's a win - win! Would love for you to come over and link it up to my Creative Inspirations party! See you there!
Stacey of Embracing Change
http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

I loved the yellow too, but I can see how it has a more classic look now!

Andi said...

very pretty! Amazing how paint can transform a piece of furniture. I'll take nicole ritchie hands over man hands any day :)

Natasha in Oz said...

Your chair is stunning! I love the colour.

Best wishes,
Natasha In Oz

Anonymous said...

I love what you did, with the chair and the mirror photo. :)

Heaven's Walk said...

Beautifully done, Jodi! It looks so chic and elegant now! :)

xoxo laurie

Megan Gunyan said...

Oooh, it looks great! I love how it turned out!

Erin {Lavender and Lemon Drops} said...

What an awesome chair. It looks great :)

My Dream Canvas said...

This is so pretty, stunning makeover! I would like to invite you to enter my Giveaway. I am celebrating my blog's third birthday. See you there :-)

Margaret said...

Love the makeover..thanks for sharing!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

Yellow is okay, but I'm loving the chair's new look! Great job!
gail

The Rooster and The Hen said...

This is just what the doctor ordered, it turned out magnificent! This project would be perfect for our linky party featuring "Transformations" called Repurpose-Remodel-Reveal, I know our readers would love to see it too! (It starts tomorrow- Friday, March 16th 2012 at 7:00 am and reoccures every 1st and 3rd Friday)

-Whitney @ TheRoosterAndTheHen